Junk Mail Filters
Header based junk mail filter. Need more email addresses? We will happily give you more virus and spam filtered email addresses just give us a call or drop us an email.
Our Email Server virus scans and grades all messages flowing through it. It rejects all known viruses and tags all messages it beleives have a strong possibillity of being junk mail with headers. You can create a junk mail filter based on the priority flag in an incoming email messages header as follows:
- With Outlook Express open, select Tools then Message Rules then Mail menu options.
- Click on the far right New button to create a new rule.
- Under Select conditions for for your rule check: Where message is marked as priority.
- Under Select actions for your rule check: Move it to the specified folder.
- Now under Rule description click: priority. Select Low then click ok.
- Now click on specified folder. Under Move Items to Selected folder select: Deleted Items. Now click Ok.
- Now on the bottom under: Name of the rule type: Junk Mail Filter. Click Ok then click Ok again.
- Log into you SquirrelMail account using your email address and password.
- On the top click on Options then Message Filters.
- Now click New.
- Under Match select Header. In Contains type: "X-Spam-Flag: YES". Under Move to select: INBOX:trash.
- Hit Submit and that should be it.
Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox are reccommended over Netscape.
That should be it. Now all messages that are scored 5 or more by Spamassassin running on our email server will be moved to the "Deleted Items" folder. You should occassionally check for messages it may have accidently tagged as junk but were not actually junk mail. Anymore this is relatively rare though. If you have problems with email messages being tagged as junk that were not please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- With "Mozilla Thunderbird" open, select Tools then Message Filters.
- Click on New.
- Under Filter Name put Junk Mail.
- On left drop down list select "Priority" followed by "is" followed by "Lowest".
- Under "Perform These Actions" check "Move To Folder". And select Trash.
- Hit "Ok" then "Close with upper right x".